YEEESSSS

OK everyone, now hold onto your hats. The way I did EFT was using Gary Williams' Question EFT. Using this method, you describe the bad thing in the first half of the sentence, and then you turn it into a question in the second half of the sentence. If you want to learn more about it, then check out this webpage:
http://emotionalfreedomtechniques.bravehost.com/EFTQT.pdf

So here's what I said:
"Even though I feel really weak, I wonder what I can do about it?" "... I wonder if I could know why I'm weak?" "... I wonder what might be my thought patterns leading me to be weak?" "...I wonder if there's something I can do about it?"

Then I tapped on "ET I don't know what it is about my friend, or about talking to her that made me feel so bad, I wonder what it was" and then I tapped on all the points, bringing up new questions each time: "I wonder if it's because I feel like she is stopping me from changing" "Perhaps she feels like I'm a threat in some ways" "Maybe it's because I'm not allowed to fully express myself to her, she shows me her disapproval".

Please note that I did not vow to cut off contact, I just allowed myself to explore my feelings. Somewhere in the middle of that, I got up, put away the clean dishes I'd washed up (with her help, on the phone, last night!) and even dealt with another load of laundry. All the while I tapped with my right hand and worked with my left. I must grow a third hand!

I didn't come up with any concrete resolution. But I did get the housework done! So maybe that conflict got resolved?

I need to do some more tapping because I'm feeling stressed again, about something else. I hope one day I'll get to the end of all this stress response. Any ideas would be grateful! In the meantime, thanks for hearing me! Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment